Hi darlings! Hope you are having a kick-ass Wednesday! I last wore this dress to an event for San Fransisco Fashion Week so I thought I would put a fun spin on it with these lace up ballet flats and of course my trusty Chanel handbag! I definitely took a leap of faith with this dress purchase. I’ve never bought anything like this before but I love how you can totally wear it with a denim jacket or even leather jacket and maybe a pair of fun heels or even just my slip on loafers! As you might already know olive green is so perfect for fall!
Can’t wait to dress it down next time around!
So today I’ll be talking about those days where you’re just not feeling yourself and how hard it can be to not just go out in sweats. Which I totally get! Sometimes Instagram can be a little deceiving where you see women styled to perfection getting coffee in literally a ballgown but seriously is that real life??? I’ve been guilty grabbing coffee in my sweats and slippers but honestly I always run into someone I know which is so embarrassing! So I made a promise to myself that I would get dressed and look presentable everyday! Yea I know that can be seriously so hard. SO I’ve come up with some tips to help you put a CUTE outfit together…
1.Organize.Organize.Organize. Everything that is hung up is color coded. And things that are folded are in specific shelves. This helps put outfits together faster, lets say you need a black top instead of shuffling through finding that exact top you can go to that particular section a find it in half the time.
2. Find your base. Pick the piece that you most want to wear, jeans, a button down, a certain pair of shoes. And build! On days I’m feeling uninspired I like to wear a fun dress that might be a little too much for Target and Safeway but it helps me get out of that funk!
3. Add something new! I know this can be hard for someone who is on a tight budget but adding a statement necklace or a velvet choker can really change up a simple look.
4. Don’t think too hard! It should be fun, make you feel happy and powerful. Plus in 24 hours or less, you get a redo. Besides, if it truly sucks, you could fake a stomachache and “go home sick.”
5. Make sure you have the essentials. A basic white tee, a fabulous pair of denim, button down, trench coat, a flirty top, dressy blouses, jean and leather jacket, cardigans, miniskirts and dresses!
6. And finally search for outfit ideas. Literally this is why fashion bloggers do what they do. To bring you fashion inspiration. Screen shot, store in a folder so when you are stuck you can easily access outfit inspo!