Hi ladies I thought I would bring back this post on how to reuse old blog content. I feel it has some really valuable information. If you have any other tips or tricks feel free to comment below!
Every week I shoot 3 outfits, go through about 400-600 photos, pick the top 10-15, edit, write up a post then publish. It’s extremely repetitive but even then I fall more in love with the “art of blogging” everyday. Every time a new post is up I feel like my older posts are thrown out, nobody see’s them and all that work has just disappeared. Nobody talks about this much because this business is so fast paced but using old content is totally okay. We spend so much energy and time coming up with new content but what about the old posts? So today I’ll be sharing ways to reuse your old content!
- Use old photos for Instagram content. If you have LikeToKnowIt this is seriously the perfect way to tell followers there’s a sale or even about a favorite item of yours. Also using an inspirational quote, beauty or styling tips or even to say happy Friday is the perfect way to reuse.
- Linking to other posts in your newest content. “you may also like this” tag will get you more views and also build a sense of trust with your followers.
4. Write about topics that have a long shelf life. I’ve been blogging for 3 years and I’ve noticed that people love tips. Generally I will number off a couple and that drives in traffic!
5. Don’t be afraid of posting about your article twice. Usually I have a new blog post up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and those in between days I usually post a “have you seen what the latest is on Think All Pink?” This helps the followers that missed your post or maybe wanted to read but got busy!
6. Take an old post and give it new life! Rewrite, revise and repost!