Happy Friday dolls! This week has gone by so fast, I got so much done this week! I finished all my Christmas shopping which surprised me the most. Today I’ll be talking about old and new traditions for the Christmas season. I’ve compiled a list of some of my personal traditions along with some new ones.
First things first, outfit details! My gorgeous skirt has been on my wishlist for a while and I’m so happy I finally got my hands on it! Such high quality and beyond perfect for the holidays. Next up is my sweater, this will be on repeat no doubt! The ruffle detail around the neck and wrist is beyond stunning. My boots are from DSW, which is one of my favorite stores to shop at.
Scroll down for my favorite Christmas traditions!
- Pajama Fairy,~this is still one of my favorites. My family started this tradition many years ago where you get new pj’s on Christmas Eve.
2. Christmas movie night~Elf, How the Grinch stole Christmas and Home Alone. Especially wonderful on a cold rainy night with some hot cocoa!
3. Dinner and a light show~one of my favorite traditions is driving around and looking at my neighbors lights.
4. Baking a huge batch of cookies and give as gifts to neighbors.
5. Get a new tree decoration each season. I get an ornament from my Meme every year. I have quite the collection now, I love that I get to take those when I have my own home.
6. Go to a Christmas play. Ever since I was little we would go see The Nutcracker in the city. Such a wonderful memory from my childhood.
7. Create a Christmas diary and write down a short summary of your year and hopes for the new year.
8. Donate to a local charity or volunteer at a soup kitchen. Or one of my favorites is “Operation Christmas Child”, fill a shoe box with little toys and hygiene products and it will be sent to a child in a third world country. Here’s a link to drop off centers https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/
9. Know a family in need? Drop off gifts, a tree or maybe a Christmas dinner.On Christmas day choose someone to surprise with cookies or presents. Nurses, Police Officers, Ambulance drivers or dogs at a shelter.
10. On Christmas day choose someone to surprise with cookies or presents. Nurses, Police Officers, Ambulance drivers or dogs at a shelter.
Thank you Dresslily.com for sponsoring this post.