Hello lovelies! Today I will be talking about how I found my true authentic style and how you can too! I’ve given you 5 tips below! Enjoy!
Finding my personal style took me years to try to figure out. All throughout my childhood I would be in the most girly floral dresses with my hair done up with a bow and pretty shoes. I grew out of that trend when I was entered middle school. Those three years I would always be in sweats and a jacket. I was extremely shy and didn’t want to stand out. Then in high school I started experimenting. One day I would be preppy then I would go more “goth” wearing a leather skirt, black converse and a rock band t-shirt. I was literally all over the place but during my senior year I found what I felt confident in. Which was ultra feminine dresses, sometimes preppy but always classy.
Today I will be talking about how to find YOUR true style!
While mastering your true style may take years, I’ve come up with a few tips on how to help you find your true style!
1. Always wear something that makes you feel like a million bucks. Whether that’s a beautiful floral dress, jeans and a cute tee or maybe even all black! Confidence is key!
2. Wear something that makes sense for your life. Example: Don’t buy a $3,000 Gucci ball gown if you live near the beach. What makes sense for MY life is lots of dresses and feminine accessories! Living in Cali the weather is pretty much always warm so a sun dress is always my first choice.
3. Trust your instincts and be authentic. The most important thing about building your style is to be true to yourself. Don’t focus on the size or who the designer is because this will only hinder your creativity! Own your style, be proud of YOU and embrace who you are and who you want to be.
4. Seek inspiration. Find fashion bloggers or make a Pinterest board of styles that you truly love and make you excited about getting dressed. When you feel comfortable you look and feel your best!
5. Clean up and Clean out. Take a look inside your closet and either toss or sell items that you either haven’t worn or don’t like. A good closet cleanse will allow you to feel ready to become the true you, in terms of personal style.
Last weekend after hitting up the farmers market, I changed into this floral wrap dress to walk around the Pacific Heights neighborhood in San Fransisco. The gorgeous and beautifully designed homes made the perfect backdrop. As my love for wrap dresses has grown so has my collection of them! This dress accents any body type and is perfect for any occasion!
My other favorite wrap dresses are linked—>
ASOS Wrap Skater Dress
ASOS Maxi Tea Dress
ASOS Mini Woven Tea Dress
ASOS Ballet Wrap Dress
Thank you for your endless amounts of love and support!